The Floor Lead contributes to the success of Sur La Table by inspiring discovery and being a helpful partner on our customers’ journey of memorable experiences. This role supports the Store Manager in the achievement of sales goals and store operations. The Floor Lead follows the direction established by the Store Manager.
- Create an environment where employees are informed curious and happy to show off a great product by participating in training for all employees.
- Model and hold store employees accountable for delivering HERO Selling behaviors.
- Direct employees to ensure customer service standards are met and resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions in a timely manner.
- Set sales direction for the day by creating daily agendas. Model and hold employees accountable for supporting sales driving initiatives including Key Items and core sales goals.
- Model and ensure all Sur La Table policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Retail Operations, HR Practices and Critical Controls, are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Direct employees to ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and ensure selling floor is adequately stocked according to visual standards.
- Ensure timekeeping practices are in place and administered according to SLT policy. Assign breaks according to SLT Policy and/or State law.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to employees and communicate performance issues directly to the Store Manager.
- Complete and carry out all inventory transactions in SIMS; including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Ring employee transactions.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Accurately record time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as outlined in DORs and/or assigned by Store Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance. Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
Education / Experience Requirements
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year retail sales experience required.
- Retail supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
How to Apply
Apply On-Line or In Store.